There are 3 options on how to add a Service Contact email to a case. Follow the instructions below on how to add your email for electronic email service while filing into a case.
Click here to learn how to use Add From My Firm
Click here to learn how to use Add From Public List
Click here to learn how to use Add New Contact
Add Service Contact From My Firm
When on the Service page, next to the Service Contacts header, click on +Firm List.
1) Select a party to associate the contact(s) to, then click the check box(es) to the left of the Service Contact(s) you wish to add. You can also search by name and/or email to filter your Firm list. If there are no emails on your Firm Service Contacts, click here to learn how to create a Firm Service Contact list.
Once the contacts you wish to add are selected, click on Save.
Add Service Contact From Public List
When on the Service page, next to the Service Contacts header, click on + Public List. (Not all states will have a public list option)
The Public List is a list of emails that are publicly available to be added to a case.
1) Select the party to associate the contact to on the case
2) Enter the First Name, Last Name, Email Address and/or Firm Name of the contact you want to add and click Search.
3) Click the checkbox next to the contact(s) you wish to add, then click Save.
Add a New Service Contact
When on the Service page, next to the Service Contacts header, click on + Add New Contact.
1) Select the party to associate the contact to, then enter in the 2) First Name, 3) Last Name and 4) Email. Optionally, add any other relevant information in the remaining fields. Once done, 5) click Save.
*Please Note: You should NOT add opposing sides as contacts to a case unless you are adding them from the Public List. If they are not on the Public List you will need to serve them through traditional methods. The Public list and Add New option vary by state. See What is the Public List? (Service Contacts)
If you add a contact to multiple parties, you will receive a notification for each listing. If you do not want multiple notifications of service, please only add yourself as a contact once.