If the court's Case Management System (CMS) is unavailable, leading to the case not loading, you may also receive a CMS Unavailable message when searching for any case in that court location. A CMS can be unavailable anywhere from a few minutes to indefinitely. It is recommended to contact the court you are filing in if you receive this message for further assistance.
Articles in this section
- What Filing Code do I use?
- I am trying to file into an existing case. I see the message "No results found. Select 'Refine Search' to change the search criteria". How do I efile?
- 2022.5+ How to add more than one lead document to a filing
- 2022.5+ How to bulk eFile into cases (eFile Vacation Letters/Leave of Absence into multiple cases)
- 2022: Understanding the eFile website
- I have selected my Court Location for a new case, but the Case Category box does not respond or load any options. What do I do?
- What are Submission Agreements?
- 2022.7 How do I request / pay for court copies through the eFile website?
- 2022.7 How do I request/pay for service or citations?
- 2022.7 What is the difference between EFile only, EFile and Serve, and Serve only filing types?
- See all 49 articles...