There are 2 reasons this error can occur. The error is due to the card owner's financial institution declining the authorization of funds OR it is a payment account type that is not accepted by the court.
- It's possible that the card is expired, a card number has changed, or not enough funds for payment.
- Many court locations don't accept American Express ( AMEX) or eCheck ( Bank Account). All court locations accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
1. Delete your payment account and add a new payment account with the latest payment information. Click here to learn how to manage your payment accounts.
2. Contact your financial institution to assure that the funds are available for payment.
3. Try a different payment method other than American Express or eCheck ( Bank Account).
For further reading, see I am getting a payment declined error when I click submit, what should I do?