Service Only (electronic service by mail) Filings can be submitted on existing cases.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top left of the eFile website. Select "Case Search."
- Select your Court Location and input your Case Number or a Party Name. Click "Search" to search for your existing case.
- Once your case pulls up, click the "Actions" button to the right and select "File Into Case." This will start your draft into the case.
- The draft will open in the Case Information section. Proceed through each section until you get to your Filings section.
- Once in the Filings section, select "+Add Filing."
- To do a Service Only Filing, select the Filing Type "Service Only." This will default your Filing Code to "Service Only." Fill out any additional details that may be required or needed.
- Upload your Service Document(s). While there is not a quantity limit to the amount of documents you upload, please keep in mind your location's max envelope size.
- Once completed, select "Save."
- Proceed to "Service."
- In the "Service" section, add/select the service contacts that you would like to eServe. Click here to view how to add a service contact while in the filing process. (Insert 2022.5+ How to add a Service Contact to a case while in the filing process) Click Fees to continue to the next section when you're ready.
- Complete the Fees section. Click Summary to continue when completed.
- The Summary will give you an overview of all the information you inputted. Please review your details prior to submitting. Once you're ready to submit, you able to click "Submit."
NOTE: You will not receive Submitted or Accepted notifications on Service Only filings as they are not sent to the court for processing. To receive a service notification for your service only filing, you would need to select your email as a service contact to receive service. Click here for instructions.